The Restaurant is open:
Lunch: Thursday- Monday from 12pm
Dinner: Friday & Saturday from 6pm
The Cable Bay restaurant is making its mark on the New Zealand hospitality scene.
Our award winning Restaurant and Wine Bar on Waiheke Island have an enviable reputation for great food and wine with an unrelenting focus on quality. Olive grove and sea views overlooking the Hauraki Gulf and Auckland city are enriched by an extensive art collection, featuring sculpture and paintings by leading New Zealand artists.
Dine a la carte in the restaurant or enjoy a more relaxed experience in The Wine Bar which serves small plates matched with Cable Bay and other fine wines. Only 35 minutes from downtown Auckland by ferry, and 5 minutes from Matiatia by car.
Our Chef Sam Clark has been with us for three years and brings a no fuss style to the kitchen. He focuses on fresh local produce cooked simply to enhance the flavour and maintain the integrity of the ingredients. On the menu you can find wine matching recommendations from Winemaker Neill Culley who produces elegant wines ideally suited for enjoying with food.
The team have worked hard to build a lineage of accolades including Top 50 Resturants Metro 2012 and;
- Metro Top 50 Restaurant of the Year Awards 2011;
- Cuisine NZ Restaurant of the Year Awards 2010, Finalist
- Metro Restaurant of the Year Awards 2010; Winner Best Service
- Metro The Best 50 Bars in Auckland 2009; Top 10 Bars - ‘Where to watch the sun go down’
- Corporate Events Guide Best Private Hire Venue 2008
- Cuisine NZ Restaurant of the Year Awards 2008, Finalist
- Finalist Cuisine Restaurant of the Year Awards 2008
- Best Private Hire Venue 2008 – Corporate Events Guide People’s Choice Award
- Finalist Metro/Audi Restaurant of the Year Awards 2009
- Rated one of the Top Ten Auckland Bars by Metro Magazine
Not to mention a mass of wonderful reviews from regular diners, and it is these accolades which really count.